Data Center Maintenance - December
12/16/23 - 12/17/23, 10 pm to 2 am, Data Center Maintenance
On Saturday, December 16th, 10 pm, through Sunday, December 17th, 2 am, UNM IT Networks will perform proactive maintenance on the data center network to facilitate security and ensure stability. Please expect UNM IT wired and wireless networks, UNM Webservices, and other UNM IT hosted services to be unavailable or intermittently unavailable during this time. Network and Services provided by UNM Health and Health Sciences are NOT impacted by this outage. See below for a partial list of major services that are expected to be unavailable or intermittently unavailable.
What does this mean for you?
- The UNM wired and wireless networks will be unavailable or intermittently available for on-campus UNM users.
- See a partial list of potentially impacted services below.
- December 16th, 10 pm, through October 15th, 2 am.
- While unlikely, it is possible, that the outage could be lengthier and more impactful. Updates will be provided on IT Alerts.
Services Expected to be Unavailable or Intermittently Unavailable (select list, not all impacted services listed):
- UNM Wired Network
- UNM Wireless Access
- UNM Websites
- UNM NetID Password Changes
- My Reports
- Lobo Marketplace
- Cascade/Web Content Management
For a more detailed list of services that are expected to be unavailable or intermittently unavailable, see it.unm.edu.
We ask your help to coordinate with your IT Officer/Liaison to:
- Identify any critical (life-safety) services that must not be interrupted.
- Identify potential risks of service outages December 16th, 10 pm, through December 17th, 2 am.
- Work with your students, faculty, staff, and vendors to make sure service disruptions are well communicated and mitigated, where possible.
- Leverage supplemental communication mechanisms to help us keep the campus community involved and well informed.
For assistance with UNM IT services, please contact UNM IT Customer Support Services at 505-277-5757. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., except during University Holidays.
On occasion, UNM IT may adjust the timing for a planned change. Please visit ITAlerts for the most current information for all upcoming changes to services.
Due to the healthcare nature of UNM Health and Health Sciences, there may be variations to services and support for HHS students, faculty, and staff. If you experience any issues regarding HHS technology services, please contact the following: During regular business hours, 8-5, Monday-Friday, contact the Health Sciences IT Service Desk at 505-272-1694. Outside of regular business hours contact the Health IT Service Desk at 505-272-3282 (2-DATA).