Data Center Firewall Maintenance - Feb
02/25/23 - 02/26/23, 11 pm to 3 am, Service Interruption to UNM Data Center Services
On Saturday, February 25th, 11 pm, through Sunday, February 26th, 3 am, IT Networks will perform proactive maintenance on the Data Center firewalls to facilitate security and ensure stability. Please expect IT Hosted and UNM Web services to be intermittently unavailable during this time. See below for a partial list of major services that are expected to be unavailable.
What does this mean for you?
- The wired network will be available for on-campus UNM users.
- Most services will be intermittently unavailable. See impacted services below.
- February 25th, 11 pm, through February 26th, 3 am.
- We expect intermittent availability during this period. While unlikely, it is possible, that the outage could be lengthier and more impactful. Updates will be provided on IT Alerts.
Services Expected to be Unavailable (select list, not all impacted services listed):
- Wireless Access
- My Reports
- Lobo Marketplace
- Cascade/Web Content Management
- Pinnacle - need to add to webpage, ok to remove
For a more detailed list of services that are expected to be unavailable, see it.unm.edu.
We ask your help to coordinate with your IT Officer/Liaison to:
- Identify any critical (life-safety) services that must not be interrupted.
- Identify potential risks of service outages February 25th, 11 pm, through February 26th, 3 am.
- Work with your faculty, staff, students and vendors to make sure service disruptions are well communicated and mitigated, where possible.
- Leverage supplemental communication mechanisms to help us keep the campus community involved and well informed.
For assistance with UNM IT services, please contact UNM IT Customer Support Services at 505-277-5757. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., except during University Holidays.
On occasion, UNM IT may adjust the timing for a planned change. Please visit ITAlerts for the most current information for all upcoming changes to services.
Due to the healthcare nature of UNM Health and Health Sciences, there may be variations to services and support for HSC students, faculty, and staff. If you have questions regarding HSC technology services, please contact the HSC Service Desk at 505-272-1694 or put in a Help.HSC ticket.